LocalPro Electrical offers carbon monoxide testing in Melbourne. We can also install carbon monoxide devices in your home or business.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is created by the incomplete burning of fuels such as natural gas, propane and fuel. Fatigue, nausea, dizziness and headaches are symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. Serious cases of carbon monoxide poisoning can result in serious injury or death.
Generators used in enclosed areas with inadequate ventilation
Running gas or petrol tools in enclosed areas
Clogged heating exhaust vents
Faulty gas heaters or ovens
Make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector installed which has been tested
Make sure your gas stove or oven is in good working order
Do not run your car inside the garage
Keep your fuel powered generator outdoors or at least 20 feet from enclosed areas
When there are dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in your home, a working carbon monoxide detector will alert you. It is advisable to have carbon monoxide detectors installed in the sleeping areas.
Building owners are responsible for installing approved carbon monoxide detectors whilst occupants are responsible for regular testing of detectors to ensure they work and for replacing batteries. It is recommended that you replace the batteries two times a year.
If you hear a carbon monoxide alert:
Open all your windows
Leave your home
Get fresh air immediately
Call 000 and ask for the Fire Department to check the carbon monoxide levels.